BREAKING: China’s Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) has approved the application for Tesla China’s new Model 3 Highland. Tesla will now sell Highland for the Chinese market.
On X @tslaCHan posted that China’s Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) has approved Tesla China’s new Model 3 Highland
Here are some highlights of the Tesla Model 3 Highland
Early reviews of the upgraded Tesla Model 3, codenamed “Highland,” are overwhelmingly positive. However, there’s a catch – this impressive sedan is currently only available for order in markets where Tesla manufactures cars in China. In this article, we’ll explore the Highland’s remarkable features and its availability status in various regions.
The Model 3 Highland’s Exceptional Upgrades: The Highland has garnered praise for several noteworthy enhancements:
- Quieter Ride: Tesla has incorporated acoustic glass and improved hood aerodynamics to reduce cabin noise. This change addresses one of the most common complaints about the Model 3, promising a more peaceful driving experience.
- Extended Range: The dual-motor long-range version of the Highland offers an estimated 11 to 12 percent increase in range, potentially reaching around 370 miles in the United States. This is a substantial improvement over the current Model 3’s 333-mile range.
- Enhanced Efficiency: Initial tests conducted by carwow indicate improved efficiency in terms of miles per kilowatt-hour (KwH), further boosting the Highland’s appeal.
Other Notable Upgrades:
Aside from these major improvements, the Highland boasts several other enhancements that have been widely covered, such as a rear-seat display and a new stalkless steering column. However, the decision to go “stalkless” has garnered mixed reviews, with some reviewers expressing uncertainty about this new feature.
The Highland’s Pricing:
While the Model 3 Highland is becoming more akin to a German luxury sedan with a refined interior, Tesla aims to keep its price competitive. In Europe, prices for the Highland have been slightly higher than the current Model 3, but not significantly so. Reports suggest only a modest price increase for the base model in Europe. As of the article’s publication date, pricing details for the U.S. market have not been disclosed.
The Tesla Model 3 Highland has generated excitement among reviewers for its remarkable improvements, including reduced cabin noise, extended range, and improved efficiency. However, its limited availability in markets where Tesla manufactures cars in China raises questions about when it will become accessible to U.S. buyers and what the pricing will be like. Stay tuned for updates on this eagerly awaited Tesla model.
Best in Dynabeast
- 441Nm torque Elevating Luxury: The 2024 Cadillac Lyriq and its Thrilling OTA Upgrade
- Wings Mirror Cameras: The Pros and Cons
- Tesla gives new owners in the UK a grabbing stick after forcing them to get left-hand-drive
- 51,117 units sold, 2023 Tesla Model Y’s Price Tango Goes On – Tesla’s Eyeing Potential Move Up
- Morgan Stanley’s Adam Jonas has increased his $TSLA price target by 60% to $400 per share