Mercedes to Roll Out Electric ‘Baby’ G-Wagon: A Compact Off-Road Icon At $139,000 in the US
Mercedes-Benz Group AG has announced plans to introduce a smaller, electric version of its iconic G-Wagon, catering to a broader range of consumers. The current G-Wagon is well-known for its boxy design and has been favored by celebrities such as Arnold Schwarzenegger and Kim Kardashian. The new electric variant aims to offer a blend of on-road agility and off-road capabilities while being environmentally friendly.
Mercedes CEO Ola Källenius unveiled the company’s intentions at an event prior to the IAA car show in Munich, emphasizing that the forthcoming electric G-Wagon will be enjoyable to drive both on and off the road. This move reflects the broader industry trend toward electric vehicles (EVs) as automakers seek to reduce their carbon footprint and meet stricter emissions regulations.
The “baby” G-Wagon is expected to compete with models like the Ford Bronco and may come at a considerably lower price point than the current G-Wagon, which starts at approximately $139,000 in the US. However, the exact release date for this smaller G-Wagon remains undisclosed.
In addition to this new model, Mercedes also plans to launch the EQG, an all-electric successor to the G-Class, next year, as part of their efforts to transition toward a more sustainable and electrified automotive future.
- 2025 Mini Cooper, Countryman EVs lead brand’s electric remake with 9.4-inch screen
- BMW Vision Neue Klasse Concept Unveiled: A Glimpse into the Future!” | 2023 BMW Neue Klasse
- Ford patents roof-mounted backup battery for EVs , Say Goodbye to EV Range
- Tesla no longer lists Autosteer on city streets
- 2025’s Potential Giant: The Future of EV Stocks 🔋🚀