On X @sawymerritt posted that Ford, GM & Stellantis are also in the midst of negotiating a new deal with the Canadian union Unifor.
“At this late stage in the negotiations, the union & the company remain far apart,” said Unifor President. A second strike may be on the horizon.
The Canadian autoworker union, Unifor, has chosen Ford Motor Company as its target for negotiations with the Big Three automakers, including General Motors and Stellantis. The union plans to use the resulting contract as a model for its labor agreements with the other two companies. If a deal isn’t reached by September 18, Unifor will strike against Ford. The UAW and Unifor have been using a “pattern bargaining” strategy, negotiating with all three companies simultaneously. Unifor’s goals are similar to the UAW’s, including higher pay, stronger pensions, and greater job security in the transition to electric vehicles.
As per the report suggests automotivedive
- The UAW President is misleading here. Including total compensation, Tesla actually pays their workers more than Ford or GM.
- 🚗 Tesla Hits 5 Millionth Car Milestone in Shanghai
- Under-the-radar Chinese laser display maker looks to bring sci-fi scenarios to smart EVs
- 4 engines, up to 1 megawatt of power: BMW M3 as a purely electric car is said to drive “incredibly”.
- Zeekr ships 1st batch of Zeekr X EVs to Europe