Some days later we got news from Tesla, it added a Modern design Steering wheel to the coming Cybertruck but today we same teaser of the Optimus demo video that clearly shows that the Cybertruck might come with a round steering wheel that shows in the teaser.
As you know Cybertruck comes with a modern Yoke steering wheel from its launch in 2019(never come with a conventional Steering wheel), this same yoke steering is used in Model S and Model X.
The first Yoke steering is spotted in the all-electric Cybertruck Alpha prototype but the recent teaser images clearly show that Tesla improved the Yoke steering wheel in terms of features it added some driver rest a hand features, including a capacitive button for turn signals quite similar to sedan and SUV.
But as per the Tesla community news suggest, the Tesla is testing a Cybertruck prototype equipped with a round steering wheel could be seen in the Optimus demo video posted on Youtube this week, at the end of the video, which features a closeup of Humanoid robots, by mistakenly spot round steering wheel behind humanoid, you can see the below image.
Tesla Cybertruck reservation holders, including veteran truck owners, have warned Tesla that using a yoke-only steering wheel for the all-electric pickup truck would be inconvenient and dangerous, especially if the vehicle were to be used for work. Tesla should offer a round steering wheel option as well, so that customers can choose the one that best suits their needs.
Here are some of the reasons why veteran truck owners are concerned about the yoke-only steering wheel:
- It is difficult to use for precise maneuverings, such as when backing up or parking in tight spaces.
- It can be uncomfortable to hold for long periods of time, especially on long road trips.
- It could be dangerous in emergency situations, such as when the driver needs to quickly turn the wheel to avoid an obstacle.
This does not confirm that Tesla will offer the option for Cybertruck owners to choose the steering wheel Yoke or round. like the same various Prototype of the new Model S and Model Y was spotted but at the end, two vehicles launch with the yoke steering wheel.
- Tesla Cybertruck front castings have been seen, indicating that manufacturing is closer than ever.
- Tesla is demolishing and updating a production line in Fremont, possibly to launch a new Highland Tesla Model 3
- Ola Electric announced to set up world’s biggest Electric E2W charging network
- Tesla has finally changed the Model 3 page on the Tesla website. What do you think? | 2023 Tesla Model 3
- Get Speedy Delivery, Tesla launches LHD Model S & X in Japan
Here are some reasons why Tesla might choose to release the Cybertruck with a yoke-style steering wheel:
- To save weight.
- To improve aerodynamics.
- To give the Cybertruck a more futuristic look.