Tesla’s Full Self-Driving (FSD) Beta V11.4.4 update. The update includes a number of improvements, including: improved lane guidance, which reduces driver interventions by 64%; improved merging behavior; improved speed-based lane change decisions; and improved lane changes. The update also includes a number of other improvements, such as improved lane, line, and edge of road detection; improved ego’s assertiveness for crossing pedestrians; improved motorbike recall; and reduced interventions cause by other vehicles cutting into ego’s lane. The article also mentions that Elon Musk has estimated that FSD Beta V11.4.4 will be released by the end of the week.
here are the details of the Tesla FSD Beta V11.4.4 release notes:
- Improved lane guidance: This update reduces driver interventions by 64%, ensuring the vehicle isn’t in the wrong lane and reaches the destination more consistently.
- Improved merging behavior: This update leverages lane geometry and lane bounds, association with coarse map information and better gap selection algorithms, allowing for a smoother and safer experience.
- Improved speed-based lane change decisions: This update better avoids slowing down traffic in fast lanes, and interferes less with navigation.
- Improved lane changes: This update allows higher jerk maneuvers if required to stay on-route or to move away from lane blockages.
- Improved lane, line, and edge of road detection: This update can be helpful in areas with less consistent road painting and paving. It feeds into two others, improved lane guidance, ensuring the vehicle is in the correct lane to reach its destination, and improved prediction of the movement of “partial cut-ins,” or cars that haven’t wholly dedicated to a lane.
- Improved ego’s assertiveness for crossing pedestrians: This update makes the vehicle more assertive when crossing pedestrians, reducing the risk of collisions.
- Improved motorbike recall: This update improves the vehicle’s ability to detect motorbikes, reducing the risk of collisions.
- Reduced interventions cause by other vehicles cutting into ego’s lane: This update creates a framework to probabilistically anticipate objects that may cut into ego’s lane and proactively offset and/or adjust speed to position ego optimally for these futures.
These are just some of the improvements included in Tesla FSD Beta V11.4.4. The update is still under development, but it represents a significant step forward for Tesla’s self-driving technology.
- NEWS: Rivian to Unveil R2 Vehicle in Early 2024! | Rivian R2
- 10 Exciting Features of the Tesla Camper Van for Adventurous Travelers
- Tesla Gives Back to Community with $3.8 Million Road Donation | Tesla lithium refinery
- Tesla Makes Electric Cars More Accessible with New Tax Incentives | Tesla tax credit 2023 income limit
- Tesla and Hertz Make History with $4.2 Billion Deal for 100,000 Teslas