🚗 Tesla has been slashing prices on its cars, and it’s causing quite a stir in the electric vehicle (EV) market! 📉 They’re basically in a “price war” with other carmakers. And guess what? It’s working.
New registration data in the U.S. shows that EV market share has climbed to 7.2 percent this year from January to July. That’s a big jump! Overall, there were 655,986 EV registrations during this period, a whopping 67 percent increase compared to the previous year. 📈🔌
Tesla is leading the pack, with 390,377 registered vehicles, marking a 50-percent increase from 2022. They’ve captured a massive 59.5-percent share of the EV market. 😮👏
Following Tesla, we have Chevrolet, Ford, Hyundai, and BMW in the top five for EV registrations. They’ve got some cool EVs like the Chevy Bolt, Ford Mustang Mach-E, and F-150 Lightning. ⚡🚙
The data also reveals that the Model Y is a star with 236,041 registrations in seven months, more than double the previous year. The Model 3 is also doing well with 131,381 registrations. However, the Model S and Model X saw some decreases in registrations. 📊🚘
Tesla started cutting prices in January, which seems to have made EVs more affordable and sparked this growth. In fact, experts estimate that the EV market share might have reached 8.5 percent in July, thanks to Tesla’s price cuts. 🤑
J.D. Power, an automotive research company, pointed out that affordability is a big factor, largely driven by Tesla’s aggressive pricing. Tesla’s price cuts have certainly shaken up the EV landscape and made electric cars more accessible to many. 🙌💰
Keep in mind that Tesla doesn’t reveal detailed sales data by region, so this data is an estimate. Plus, not all automakers report EV sales separately from their gas cars. Nonetheless, Tesla’s impact on the EV market is evident! 🌟🌍🔋
Latest News from dyanbeast
- 🚗 After Tesla Model 3 it will be Model Y’s turn: designers with 3D design for the next Tesla refresh
- 50,000 Tesla Supercharger stations worldwide: October 2021 Expansion Target Far Missed 🚗
- China reported 10.7k @Tesla insurance registrations.
- 513km range, Tesla Model 3 refresh/Highland in The Netherlands | Tesla Model 3 Highland Interior
- Eligible Model S and Model X Plaid owners in the US can now buy upgraded Higher thermal capacity brake pad kits for $750